Most of these facts are from the original user guide, some of them
will have changed with the introduction of the Sam Elite. I have added
a couple of additional comments where I feel relevant. If you feel
something should be added or amendend, do not hesitate to EMail me.
Thanks to Frode Tennebo for some additional information.
- Z80b microprocessor running at 6MHz.
- Customised VLSI 10,000-gate ASIC chip.
- 32k including SAM BASIC, disk bootstrap, BIOS.
- 512k (256Kx4 100ns DRAM)
- Further 4M externally.
- Phillips SAA1099 Synthesizer:
- 6 Channel, 8 Octave, Stereo.
- Motorola MC 1377P Video Chip.
- ASIC Serves as graphic processor.
- All modes allow 128 colours on screen by use of line interrupts.
- MODE 1:32x24 character cells per screen, each cell with 2 colour capability.
- MODE 2:32x192 cells, each cell 2 colour capability.
- MODE 3:512x192 pixels (85 column mode), reduced colour capability per line.
- MODE 4:256x192 graphics screen.
- UHF Tv Channel 36.
- Joystick (Atari standard - dual capability with splitter)
- Mouse (requires additional interface)
- Light Pen (not avalible)
- Light Gun (not avalible)
- Audio Input
- MIDI in/out (through via software switch)
- Audio Output
- 64pin Euroconnector for expansion cards (ie Parallel interface)
- Disk Drives
- 1 or 2 internally mounted
- 3.5" ultraslim Citizen Double Density Drives. (no longer avalible)
- format 800k, 20k used for directory information = 80 files. More with MasterDOS
- 72 full travel keys (Qwerty) - membrane type.
- DC Power
- 3G operating
- 60G non-operating
- 5 to 500 Hz / 0.5 G operating
- 5 to 500 Hz / 2 G non-operating.
- Environment - Ambient temperature range
- operating 4-45C
- storage -20-50C
- Relative Humidity Wet Bulb Maximum 29.4C, nil condensation.
- MTBF: 10,000 POH
- MTTR: 30mins
- Component Life: >5 Years.
- 2.26Kg=4.97lb (without drives I think)
||Scrapbook Hosted by: Monochrome|
"Scrapbook" Graphical Design: Morse Design
This page last modified: 19991015-22:11.12(BST)